Meet some of the Opportunities Fund participants and contact us for more information.
What is the Opportunities Fund?
- A program that assists persons with disabilities to prepare for, obtain and maintain employment.
- It provides financial assistance for training, self-employment and wage-subsidized employment and adaptive equipment.
- The Wage Subsidy program provides financial reimbursement to employers who want to hire and train eligible job seekers.
- The Work Experience or Wage Subsidy agreement durations and subsidies will be negotiated based on the skills development required
- Registered business with Canada Revenue Agency (GST#) and has a legal business name
- Have been in business for 1 year
- Have WCB coverage and provide the Worksafe Account #
- Covers the Mandatory Employee Related Costs (MERCs)
- Offer the likelihood of on-going long-term employment upon completion of the wage subsidy
- Persons who have a self-disclosed disability or chronic health condition
- Persons who are unemployed or underemployed
- Persons who are eligible to work in Canada
- Persons who are ineligible for Employment Insurance programs and services
- Persons who reside in the Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley, Sea to Sky Corridor or Sunshine Coast
- Work with an Employment Case Manager
- Self-referral is not accepted for the time being. Please contact your local WorkBC centre for employment services
What Areas Do We Serve?
Tel: (604) 451-5511
Fax: (604) 630-3041
The Opportunities Fund
BC Centre for Ability
2805 Kingsway, Vancouver V5R 5H9