Meet some of the Opportunities Fund participants and contact us for more information.
What is the Opportunities Fund?
- A program that assists persons with disabilities to prepare for, obtain and maintain employment.
- It provides financial assistance for training, self-employment and wage-subsidized employment and adaptive equipment.
- The Wage Subsidy program provides financial reimbursement to employers who want to hire and train eligible job seekers.
- The Work Experience or Wage Subsidy agreement durations and subsidies will be negotiated based on the skills development required
- Registered business with Canada Revenue Agency (GST#) and has a legal business name
- Have been in business for 1 year
- Have WCB coverage and provide the Worksafe Account #
- Covers the Mandatory Employee Related Costs (MERCs)
- Offer the likelihood of on-going long-term employment upon completion of the wage subsidy
To discuss a wage subsidy, connect with the Community Coordinator in your area. Click to see map below. Click here for Employer Application Form.
- Persons who have a self-disclosed disability or chronic health condition
- Persons who are unemployed or underemployed
- Persons who are eligible to work in Canada
- Persons who are ineligible for Employment Insurance programs and services
- Persons who reside in the Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley, Sea to Sky Corridor or Sunshine Coast
- Work with an Employment Case Manager
- Self-referral is not accepted for the time being. Please contact your local WorkBC centre for employment services
What Areas Do We Serve?
Tel: (604) 451-5511
Fax: (604) 630-3041
The Opportunities Fund
BC Centre for Ability
2805 Kingsway, Vancouver V5R 5H9
The Opportunities Fund For Persons with Disabilities is a program of the BC Centre for Ability.
The Government of Canada has contributed funding to this initiative
OPPORTUNITIES FUND PROGRAM
About Opportunities Fund
Frequently Asked Questions
Client Application Forms
Employer Application Form